I am wiring my Ray Allen elevator trim servo. If I were to not use the vertical Power VP-x box I would wire the trim servo wires into the GSA-28 elevator servo and the two trim switches through relays into the GSA-28 as well. Since I am using the vertical Power VP-x and in order to eliminate the use of relays on the trim switches I want to run my two trim switches into the VP-x. Is there a way to integrate the two systems or do I just choose one or the other? I know the G3X system uses the trim motor to take the load off the GSA-28 servo if wired through the GSA-28 elevator servo. Will this still happen if I bypass the GSA-28 and wire the elevator trim servo directly to the VP-x since they all "Talk" to each other?? Thanks! Ken
Hope I did not confuse anyone....

This is described in the VPX install manual on page 36-37. The two wires that connect to the white power inputs on the trim motor are routed through the GSA 28. I just did this on my -10 project. Because of this detour I used a 3 conductor and a separate two conductor wire in lieu of attempting to extricate two strand from the 5 conductor wire I initially purchased for the trim motors.

==dave==

Hello Mr. Wyld,

The answer to your question is shown in Figure C-1.6 of the current G3X installation manual. The "3rd party trim mixing device" referenced in the diagram could be your Vertical Power unit, or a relay board, or something else. In my airplane I am using a Safety-Trim box, but the VP-X performs the same function with respect to trim. Be sure to follow the guidance in the installation manual and disable the trim speed control feature on the VP-X. Also, you may want to see this VAF post for further details.

thanks,
- Matt

Ok... I see now. I was confused and assumed that the output of the trim switches from the sticks were switched to ground even if connected the Garmin only way. I was only looking at the VP-x wiring which is switched to ground and could not see how the +/- 12 volt output from the VP-x could be read by the servo, when in fact that is what it should be. I see now the VP-x is outputting a 12v signal which is reversed to either move the trim up or down. I was thinking it was just a signal to ground... Silly me. But thanks for the info and help! Ken

This is probably so obvious that I should not post. (My wife says I never show proper restraint in social situations)
When you breaker (if you breaker) trim systems, use a pull able breaker.
Have seen installations with flush breakers on trim motors. A runaway trim can kill you quickly at cruise speeds. Cheers.

I know the VP-x has a runaway trim system built in and I also planning on running the trim motor inputs through a double pole switch as a way of turning off if needed...