Captain_John

Well Known Member
G3X Discrete Inputs

Hey guys,

If you read this before I edited it... I have changed my tune.

I looked at some 50 pin dsub images on the web and now that I am not in the workshop I am thinking that I am the dummy!

I had some pretty good head scratching here tonight.

I thought that the documentation had an error in it, but i need to have another look at the connector tomorrow. Long day!

I booted up my G3X for the first time tonight and had to take apart J244 and re-pin it.

Sooooo frustrating!

Overall... Very nice stuff!

:eek: CJ

Last edited:
Hello CJ,

Just to be sure, we checked the GEA 24 schematic last night after seeing your post and confirmed that the installation manual is correct that the input discretes are located on connector J244, pins 40 (Discrete 1) through 43 (Discrete 4).

Please don't forget that one of the first things that should be done after first power-up is to load the latest software.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Steve

OK!

A little better rested, I thought I would look into this pin situation.

The bottom row of pins starts with Pin 34. The connector I have doesn't have room to locate a number 34 adjacent to the pin and starts the bottom row off at number 35. I began counting from the end inward until I got to 40 and 41 (beginning at 35 of course, not 34)!

This oversight on my behalf caused all of my grief.

Sooooo, when you are pinning yours out, start counting at 34!

;) CJ

OK!

A little better rested, I thought I would look into this pin situation.

The bottom row of pins starts with Pin 34. The connector I have doesn't have room to locate a number 34 adjacent to the pin and starts the bottom row off at number 35. I began counting from the end inward until I got to 40 and 41 (beginning at 35 of course, not 34)!

This oversight on my behalf caused all of my grief.

Sooooo, when you are pinning yours out, start counting at 34!

;) CJ

If it makes you feel any better. You are the ONLY one who has ever made that mistake.

Besides me and everyone else who has ever wired anything at all. Wait until you've pulled a radio out and checked every pin because it didn't come on with the avionics switch ... due to the radio's on board Oh Enn, Oh Eff Eff switch being in the Oh Eff Eff position. That's irritating and cause for a scotch and an end to the evenings build time.