UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - getting close to the end..... should be ready for FAA inspection by th first of June.

One of the things on my to do list is to update the databases on my G3X system and do a final system set-up / calibration. Looking at Garmin's website, it appears that updates to many of thier databases come out monthly.

While I'd like to get this done now, I don't want to fail an inspection or have to shell out $500 for an additional update if I don't get my inpsection scheduled during the 30 day window when all the databases are current.

For those that have already gone thourgh the inspection process, is having a database that is more than 1 month old something to worry about, or should I just go ahead and get it all updated/calibrated?

Thanks,
Jason

I do not claim to have any expertise in this area but I have had two different inspections on two different airplanes I have built.

The databases are not critical to your airplane's airworthiness so I cannot imagine any inspector who would fail you on an issue such as this.

During my RV9A inspection I never even powered up the electrical system for the inspector, and my airplane is 100% flat panel displays. It was definitely not an issue at all for me. Perhaps others may have had other experiences but I don't think you should worry about this issue in terms of an inspection.

I did not update my G3X database until after my 40 hours!

Just make sure you have an up to date sectional to fly around in your 35 mile restricted area (or what ever he gives you).