carrollcw

Well Known Member
In the middle of wiring my G3X touch. I am to the part where it says to jump pin 27 and 10 if it is PFD 1. I understand that if you do this, the PFD will always display engine data. I am only installing a single display (for now). Can I instead tell it that it is a PFD2 or an MFD in order to avoid that limitation? I know the FAA rule, but just for discussion sake ;), will it work? If by making it think it is a PFD2 or an MFD, will I lose other functionality?

Good question, as I am considering a large format PFD. I want to keep my steam engine instruments with ONLY flight info and nav on the glass.

In the middle of wiring my G3X touch. I am to the part where it says to jump pin 27 and 10 if it is PFD 1. I understand that if you do this, the PFD will always display engine data. I am only installing a single display (for now). Can I instead tell it that it is a PFD2 or an MFD in order to avoid that limitation? I know the FAA rule, but just for discussion sake ;), will it work? If by making it think it is a PFD2 or an MFD, will I lose other functionality?

Hello Clark,

Using engine gauges is not required, so just don't configure any engine gauges if you do not want engine gauges on your PFD.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Clark,

Using engine gauges is not required, so just don't configure any engine gauges if you do not want engine gauges on your PFD.

Thanks,
Steve

Now that's funny! I learned that there is no way around it. This system is just too darn smart!