flyeyes

Well Known Member
Hi all (mainly g3xpert and anybody with more experience with the system than me)

I currently have a two screen g3x with a GDU375, 370, GSU73, and GMC305.There's also a GTR200 on the CAN bus and it's terminated at the GSU73 and the MFD (GSU 375)

A/P is a TruTrak GX pilot. I also have an old school AOA sport that I've had installed for about 10 years, and I'm quite comfortable landing with it and no airspeed indication. I have redundant piper type pitot masts

I'm considering adding a GSU25 for redundancy and selling the PSS AOA, but I'm a little unclear on the possible failure modes.

Right now, I'm not flying for probably another two months, and can only test on the ground.

If I add the GSU25, what happens if I lose one of the devices the has the CAN bus termination? If a connector falls off is there a possibility that the CAN bus goes down and I lose all the data on the bus?

Hi all (mainly g3xpert and anybody with more experience with the system than me)

I currently have a two screen g3x with a GDU375, 370, GSU73, and GMC305.There's also a GTR200 on the CAN bus and it's terminated at the GSU73 and the MFD (GSU 375)

A/P is a TruTrak GX pilot. I also have an old school AOA sport that I've had installed for about 10 years, and I'm quite comfortable landing with it and no airspeed indication. I have redundant piper type pitot masts

I'm considering adding a GSU25 for redundancy and selling the PSS AOA, but I'm a little unclear on the possible failure modes.

Right now, I'm not flying for probably another two months, and can only test on the ground.

If I add the GSU25, what happens if I lose one of the devices the has the CAN bus termination? If a connector falls off is there a possibility that the CAN bus goes down and I lose all the data on the bus?

If you lose the termination, it is highly possible you will lose the bus. (highly unlikely that a connector will fall off since you can safety wire them if you like)

Here is the good news....

The GSU25 has a backup serial link to your display that can provide AHRS data to the display if the CAN bus goes down! :D

Last edited:
The CAN terminator is just a 120 ohm resistor across the HI and LO pins. If the unit fails or blows the fuse I think the terminator would still function properly. If the connector is unplugged then you will no longer have termination on the bus.

Tom Johnson