Hi, all !

First, I would like to apologize for my english, I'm french and as you all know, we aren't great foreign langages speakers. :)

My question is for G3X experts.

First of all, our configuration :
- GDU 370
- GSU 25
- GMU 22
- Roll and pitch servos GSA 28
- GA 56 GPS Antenna
- GTP 59 OAT probe

We would like to perform a bench calibration of the GMU 22, but immediatly after the test running, the message "internal sensor failure" appears and the calibration score stays at 0%.

Of course, prior to the calibration, we ran a pitch and roll offset and a magnetic interference test, both passed.

On the PFD configuratiion page, all the boxes are green checked and the GPS localizes the bench very accurately.

I'm really out of idea.

Thanking you in advance, fly well !!

The mad avionics...

Hi, all !

First, I would like to apologize for my english, I'm french and as you all know, we aren't great foreign langages speakers. :)

My question is for G3X experts.

First of all, our configuration :
- GDU 370
- GSU 25
- GMU 22
- Roll and pitch servos GSA 28
- GA 56 GPS Antenna
- GTP 59 OAT probe

We would like to perform a bench calibration of the GMU 22, but immediatly after the test running, the message "internal sensor failure" appears and the calibration score stays at 0%.

Of course, prior to the calibration, we ran a pitch and roll offset and a magnetic interference test, both passed.

On the PFD configuratiion page, all the boxes are green checked and the GPS localizes the bench very accurately.

I'm really out of idea.

Thanking you in advance, fly well !!

The mad avionics...

Hello Mad Tester,

Congratulations on getting everything up and running!

As explained in section 19.3.4 of the installation manual, the magnetometer calibration procedure is done with the magnetometer installed in the aircraft and the aircraft located in an area that is determined to be free of magnetic disturbances.

This calibration is normally very quick and easy when done in this manner. We typically don't have much luck trying to calibrate a magnetometer on a bench either.

Please contact us by phone or email (see below) if we can help you further or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello steve, thank you for answering so quickly !

To be really honest with you, our workbench is actually the aircraft by itself, but it is true that not all the stuff is wired in.

For instance, the GEA 24 and the engine are not installed yet, but I think it dosen't prevent from calibrating the GMU 22, am I right ?

I would like to know what is really missing to, at least, initiate the calibration procedure. I could run all the tests but this one.

Thank you.

Mad tester

Hello steve, thank you for answering so quickly !

To be really honest with you, our workbench is actually the aircraft by itself, but it is true that not all the stuff is wired in.

For instance, the GEA 24 and the engine are not installed yet, but I think it dosen't prevent from calibrating the GMU 22, am I right ?

I would like to know what is really missing to, at least, initiate the calibration procedure. I could run all the tests but this one.

Thank you.

Mad tester

Hello Mad Tester,

Ok, that is good to know that it is installed in an aircraft. No, you don't have to install the GEA 24 before doing the magnetometer calibration.

Please contact us via email so we can have some dialog and ask for some screen shots to help us understand what is preventing the calibration.

Thanks,
Steve