aturner

Well Known Member
Well, the good news is that after two months of pulling wires and crimping pins, I've completed the electrical system, and believe it or not, nearly everything works as it is supposed to. I couldn't be more surprised.....

One problem has me stumped, so I'll throw it out here. I can't get any audio out from the PFD to the PAR100EX. I checked the pin outs (1 and 18 on the PFD to 31 and 32 on J1 of the PAR100EX), and continuity on the pins, everything looks good. Everything on the sound configuration menu of the G3X looks good. I've played with the squelch on the PAR100EX. But no dice, the test key on the sound configuration doesn't yield any sound, and when I close discrete input 1 (set as a a stall switch), I get the visual warning, but no audio. Any suggestions?

Andy, did you try increasing the volume in the G3X config audio alerts page? I think the maximum is 10, I think I set mine to 8. I know I had to increase it quite a bit.

Otherwise look for a volume adjustment on the case of the PAR100EX. I have the GMA240 and there is a volume adjustment accessible through the top of the case, maybe yours has a similar adjustment. I didn't have to adjust mine but I thought I might until I found the G3X adjustment.

Last edited:
There are two areas to adjust the audio volume level. One is in the configuration menu, ( refer to page 17-8) and the other is in the main menu. Also, the configuration page allows for the selection on the audio source, auto and specific LRU, check which LRU you have selected for audio alerts. In addition, make sure you have the audio alert enabled on th sound configuration page.

Andy, did you try increasing the volume in the G3X config audio alerts page? I think the maximum is 10, I think I set mine to 8. I know I had to increase it quite a bit.

Otherwise look for a volume adjustment on the case of the PAR100EX. I have the GMA240 and there is a volume adjustment accessible through the top of the case, maybe yours has a similar adjustment. I didn't have to adjust mine but I thought I might until I found the G3X adjustment.

I'm betting Pat nailed this one, I think the default setting is 5 and I could not hear anything at that setting either. Try 10, and I'll bet you are good to go!

My GMA340 has 20db gain on the alert audio input which is most definitely needed to hear my G3X properly. It seems to me from the par100ex manual that the unswitched inputs are the same level as the radio inputs, you might need an amplifier on that circuit. Are your headphones turned all the way up? Have you tried using unswitched input #3 and using the 200% volume level it provides? The manual states the adjustment screw on this input is turned counterclockwise to increase gain.