flysrv10

Well Known Member
RV10: Having a heck of a time calibrating Approach Target AOA Calibration, the DOT. I have cleared all settings and started over three times and it sez unable to calibrate or something like that. All other AOA setting calibrate successfully. Nothing in the manual I can find; nothing here. Thanks.

Page 35-37 of the G3X install manual details the cal procedure.

Approach Target AOA Calibration (Optional)
This procedure sets a specific point (1.3 x stall speed is suggested) on the AOA gauge to use as the ideal
target AOA for an approach, glide, short-field landing, etc. If calibrated, the approach target AOA will
display as a green circle on the AOA gauge (Figure 35-13). To be valid, the approach target AOA must be
between the minimum visible (green) and caution alert (yellow chevron) AOA points.

Last edited:
Page 35-37 of the G3X install manual details the cal procedure.

Approach Target AOA Calibration (Optional)
This procedure sets a specific point (1.3 x stall speed is suggested) on the AOA gauge to use as the ideal
target AOA for an approach, glide, short-field landing, etc. If calibrated, the approach target AOA will
display as a green circle on the AOA gauge (Figure 35-13). To be valid, the approach target AOA must be
between the minimum visible (green) and caution alert (yellow chevron) AOA points.

Thanks. The graphics look outdated so I dismissed it. I guess the key sentence is "To be valid, the approach target AOA must be between the minimum visible (green) and caution alert (yellow chevron) AOA points". Must start over again.