Auburntsts

Well Known Member
OK, so I fired up my dual screen G3X on the bench for the first time today and have run into an issue right off the bat. After updating all of GDU and GSU software to the current versions, I entered the calibration page with the intent of just running the orientation procedure A as the GMU44 is in the plane so it's not hooked up making the rest of the calibration precedures not applicable (at least until I get the panel and AHRS installed). Anyway, when I ran the calibration procedure after selecting the proper orientation (right wing in my case) I received an AHRS calibration failure. I tried other orientations and received the same failure. An orientation calibration failure is not addressed in the installation manual so anyone have any suggestions?

The only other bit of info that might be worth noting is the system has not established its position yet as I was in the basement. The GPS could "see" some sats, but it wouldn't lock onto its location and display a Lat/Long. I'm going to move it upstairs tomorrow and run the GPS anntenna outside to hopefully remedy that issue. None of this should have impacted my calibration issue, at least according to the manual, but you never know which is why I mention it just in case.

Hello Todd,

I am pretty sure you don't have a problem.

You will need to get the system all connected and installed in your aircraft before you will be able to successfully perform the calibration procedure. And yes, you should have the GPS operational as well.

Everything should go smoothly at that point. If not, we are here to help.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
Thanks! I'll disregard for now and concentrate on getting the wiring harness complete so I can transfer everything into the plane. After that's done I'll worry about the calibrations.