jeremiahd

I hope someone can help me with this...

I have three Garmin G3Xs in my RV-10 with about 25 flight hours on them. Recently when I turned on the system to go flying, all six CHTs and EGTs were not indicating (with red Xs shown), and the AHRS also was inoperative with a red X. Above the AHRS were the words "AHRS/MAG not calibrated."

Now, everything worked well before, and the AHRS and MAG were calibrated before the first flight.

Any ideas? Is there a ground that came loose that would explain the problem?

All other indicators on the G3X work just fine.

Thanks!

Jerry

What happened when you rebooted the system?

The only time I have ever seen something like this on mine, I was the root cause.

By "reboot", do you mean turn on/off? I did do that, and there was no change. I also tried to fly it a few days later with the same errors shown.

It's weird since the CHT and EGT probes do not have a common wire or pin. Also weird that the AHRS has also failed.

Think of it this way, assuming you didn't change anything in the settings or in the physical setup from the time it worked ok and now that you are experiencing these squawks...it means the system is no longer getting an electronic signal that it can display. This may seem obvious but what I'm getting at is you need to consider the sensors, wiring and possibly (but less likely) a "hiccup" in the system setup software as suspect until each is eliminated through the process of elimination. With different systems I've witnessed all three act up at some point.

I hope someone can help me with this...

I have three Garmin G3Xs in my RV-10 with about 25 flight hours on them. Recently when I turned on the system to go flying, all six CHTs and EGTs were not indicating (with red Xs shown), and the AHRS also was inoperative with a red X. Above the AHRS were the words "AHRS/MAG not calibrated."

Now, everything worked well before, and the AHRS and MAG were calibrated before the first flight.

Any ideas? Is there a ground that came loose that would explain the problem?

All other indicators on the G3X work just fine.

Thanks!

Jerry

Hello Jerry,

Please contact us via email or phone (see below) and we will help you troubleshoot the problem.

One of the places we will start is the Main Config page where we can see a list of what is failed and what is operational. We will also ask if you have a GSU 73 or a GEA 24 and GSU 25.

Thanks,
Steve

By "reboot", do you mean turn on/off? I did do that, and there was no change. I also tried to fly it a few days later with the same errors shown.

It's weird since the CHT and EGT probes do not have a common wire or pin. Also weird that the AHRS has also failed.

In this case, definitely work with Steve and his group. They will help you get to the bottom of this.