F1R

Well Known Member
I respect that this is an RV forum, however I have a friend with a G202 unlimited aerobatic homebuilt that would like to make other G200 and G202 owners aware of a safety item.

Spending close to one year importing the aircraft with all the inspections and paperwork one would expect to be ready for some fun flying time.

While warming the oil and doing pre take off checks the rudder locked solid in a full left deflection. More accurately the rear linear guide bearing galled and jammed solid the left side rudder pedal tube fully forward. :eek: No amount of leg pressure would free it, so he shut down on the spot. The AC was towed back to the hangar and more work was in order. Long story short, if you know anybody who flies or owns a G202, politely share this incident and have them pay close attention to the guide bearings and tube assemblies that the ruder pedals slide fore and aft in. Apparently MX has switched to using teflon bushings in place of the linear guide bearings. My friend had some custom teflon bushings made for him. Thankfully all is now well.

Last edited: