RobinHou

Well Known Member
GT-50

Can't say about the Falcon G meter but I have more than 200 hrs on the GT-50: probably best money spent for what you get. Even with a G number on the Dynon, my eyes like to look for a specific meter when in Aerobatic mode and the GT50 does the job. Also use the timer and Volt meter on every flight... FWIW

iphone

There's an app for that. Seems to actually work pretty good, no idea how accurate it is though.

Mounted the iphone on the panel with a recent update. Pretty useful multi-function device.

Love my GT50

besides the G meter which I use in flight, the volts are always displayed giving me a quick check of battery status in the hangar without touching anything.

Chinese VS American made? Seems like a no brainer (though I do like Chinese food if it's spicy enough).

There's an app for that. Seems to actually work pretty good, no idea how accurate it is though.

Mounted the iphone on the panel with a recent update. Pretty useful multi-function device.

I have the g-meter app on my iPod, mounted on my instrument panel, and find it completely useless; it has no damping whatsoever and as a result bounces happily around between -1 and +2 g's constantly, whether in level flight or a 60 degree banked turn, it looks just the same. Used analog g-meter going into the panel this weekend!

I have my GT-50 mounted on TOP of the glare shield where I can easily see it while doing aerobatics. The display is easy to read at a glance. The other functions are useful as well. Highly recommend it!

Thanks...

Thank you for sharing your experience. I just ordered my GT-50 from Golf Coast Avionics $159 plus $9 shipping, no tax.
Robin