mcsteatlh

Don't flame me please.

Mooney has announced a new go fast and high machine. Almost as fast as the Colombia 400i but on 40 less horse power. ;)

www.mooney.com IF, ahem, anyone is interested. :D

McStealth
born and raised, Kerrville, TX

Actually - even if I was willing to spend that sort of money on a plane, it's still not for me.

I'm never going certified again. The hassles of uneven/expensive work by mechanics would probably be the main reason. I also really hate that I can't make hardly any change to my plane without an STC.

I'm loving flying my RV, but I think in a couple of winters I'm definitely going to be starting on another.

New Fast Mooney

it sounds like a very fast and nice airplane....but for $450K you only get one door ..!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused:

Besides all that , they put the tail on backwards. Seriously though, Mooneys are a nice airplane but anything factory is too expensive for me.

Interesting that they still are selling the Bravo as well, I don't quite get that... And that is a LOT of weight on that poor nosewheel, the Lycoming in the Bravo should be a lighter engine. It is a screamer though.

Capability versus price

Where did you see the price? Only, gulp, $450k? The top of the line Cirrus SR22-GTS model is also 450,000.

http://cirrusdesign.com/aircraft/pricing/

I don't even want to think about what a new Bonanza costs now.

I'm still glad somebody has a business/income that can support aircraft manufacturers and service providers. Its just not me. :(

For a 4-seat certified aircraft that does 230 Knots it's not bad. To put that in perspective, to BUILD a Lancair ES (Turbo) it would cost at least half of that. ~100K for the kit, Engine is 82K, plus prop at 12K. Thats is 194K for the big items, plus paint, interior, the rest of the FWF, and avionics. Airplanes in this category are pricy, if you went and got builders assist on your new Lancair ES, you would probably spend closer to 400K to get it done. So I don't think the Mooney is that bad a deal, but you have to have the dough.