grover

Well Known Member
not having success determining what must happen first: fitting cowl or installing FAB or fitting cooling baffles. also, must spinner be attached to fit cowl?

You can build baffles without cowl in place, but you won't be able to cut their upper surfaces until the cowl has been fit. I'd wait. The fab needs to be aligned to the cowl, so that would definitely have to be done after the cowl is installed. The spinner can be done after the cowl as well. Long story short, do the cowl first.

I agree with Steve - do cowl first, then do FAB and/or baffles - or both at the same time, going back and forth between the two so that when you get totally frustrated with one, you can take a break and get totally frustrated with the other....;)

And when you can't stand either of them, start filling pinholes on the cowling!

Paul

I'm in the middle of the baffles right now, but I did do the cowl first. The lower cowl went on and off probably 20 times as I fit the forward baffle floors to the inlets. So yes, do cowl first, then baffles. I still haven't done the spinner since I haven't hung the prop yet.

Jim

oh thats an easy one

cowl, baffles then fab. that was my last project:D and the baffles were the worst part so far of the whole kit.

What's a FAB?

I am about two months away from this stage. What's a FAB?

Michael Wynn
RV 8
San Ramon