grover

Well Known Member
have ordered the fwf kit and throttle lever assembly. anything else I should acquire that is not addressed by the fwf?

grover said:
have ordered the fwf kit and throttle lever assembly. anything else I should acquire that is not addressed by the fwf?

Clevises for the throttle quadrant.

The control attachments for the engine come with the fwf kit, but no clevises for the throttle quadrant itself.

Pat

grover said:
If yours is an injected engine, you'll have to buy the fuel pump separately. The FWF kit does not include a firewall mounting kit for the PC-680 battery nor any type of firewall eyeball assemblies to route the throttle quadrant cables. SS heat shields to help protect wires etc. are not included. Personally, I consider most of the electrical package to be a waste. The most desirable thing about it's substantial collection of wire, terminals and heat shrink to me is that the larger wires already have ring terminals professionally installed which is useful if you have ever done that yourself. Because of a bad experience I had with a previous FWF alternator (that Van's no longer sells), I returned the included Taiwan built 60 amp alternator for upgrade to the known quality of a Plane Power unit.

Van's will take returns of unused parts for about 2 years after you purchase them, however, if the parts were part of a kit, then the will only credit you with 75-80% of the cost of the part (at the time you bought it). If it was a non-kit order, I think they credit you 90% of the cost. It is the same if you delete the part when you order the kit, they only credit 75-80% of the individual part cost. If there are a lot of expensive parts in the kit that you are not going to use, then it is better to order the parts you do need seperately, rather than order the kit. I did this on both my finish and firewall forward kits.