MS19087

Well Known Member
I'm finalizing my wiring and originally came up with 20 circuit breakers. I think ths may be unnecessary/expensive. I have chosen to put some circuit on fuses rather than CBs. I'm down to the lights - is it logical to put taxi and landing lights on fuses? How about position lights? Strobes? These all have panel switches as well . . . comments?

I am doing my entire electrical system in fuses (except the Alt Field). The function and reliability are the same; the only difference is that the CB's are pullable. So if you have a switched circuit, there would be no difference.

I'm also going with fuses except for Alt Field, Trim, Auto Pilot & Flaps. Those items I *may* want to absolutely remove power from in flight.

If you are trying to save space and complexity, there are circuit breaker switches. Beechcraft likes to use them for the lights.

I am also going for fuses with only one CB for ALT FLD, you can download my schematic in sch format (for ExpressPCB) on the most recent post on my blog.

Using the multi select switch functions described in the Aeroelectric book I ended up with nine switches total and one CB which does not take up a lot of panel space.