llavalle

Well Known Member
Last weekend, I had the chance to see an almost finished RV-6 from a builder I know (Denis Lussier, I don't know if he's active here)

He has the Classic AeroDesign interior, including the "Aviator" side panels. While I was in, I found it akward that I could not get the stick to full left. It was hitting my leg before the stop.(I'm not a small guy). I contacted Classic Aero and they told me that the aviator side panels reduced the effective width of the fuselage and that the "Sportsman" armrest did not...

My question is : is the RV-9 fuselage wider compared to the RV6... If I install aviator sidepanels, will I suffer the same problem?

Thanks!

No need to worry. I have an rv6 and very thick legs and also cannot hit the stops. If you need to take it to the stops in flight you have bigger problems.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks.

The email I got from Classic Aero noted something about the height of the fuselage.

I don't think the 9s are any wider at any point when compared to the 6, however the fuselage in the 7 and 9 are deeper. To confirm this, I just looked at some of our lower cabin panels (the ones that go below the armrest). They are approximately 1" taller than the panels for the 6. What this means is that the armrest side panel will be about 1" higher in relation to your seat cushion.

Is the actual fuselage deeper?

No need to worry. I have an rv6 and very thick legs and also cannot hit the stops. If you need to take it to the stops in flight you have bigger problems.

Same here.........

You don't get close to the stops for even steep turns. It's surprising just how little the ailerons actually move, to do what they do.

L.Adamson -- RV6A/Sportsman seats

You don't get close to the stops during rolls...

.....either:D Four point hesitation rolls either.....and we have the Classic interior and sides.

Regards