RemyA

I'm New Here
Hello.
Someone can tell me lenght between fuselage outside skin and fuel tank connection on RV-7 ( no flop tube), in order to cut and finish fuel lines?
Thanks in advance

Originally I left mine about 4" long where they came out of the fuselage side and didn't cut or flare them until I confirmed the measurement during the first fit of my wings. On one side I measured 3 1/2" and on the other it was 3 5/8". Due to the bends immediately inside the fuselage skin you have some room to adjust in-out if your measurements aren't exact, but there's definitely a limit to how much you can fudge this, so you have to get close.

Originally I left mine about 4" long where they came out of the fuselage side and didn't cut or flare them until I confirmed the measurement during the first fit of my wings. On one side I measured 3 1/2" and on the other it was 3 5/8". Due to the bends immediately inside the fuselage skin you have some room to adjust in-out if your measurements aren't exact, but there's definitely a limit to how much you can fudge this, so you have to get close.
that would depend it you are planning on using a bulkhead fitting, (straight or 90*) and how you orient it (for the straight one).

Hello.
Someone can tell me lenght between fuselage outside skin and fuel tank connection on RV-7 ( no flop tube), in order to cut and finish fuel lines?
Thanks in advance
I would wait till after wing trial fit. You would be really annoyed if your pre-flared line ended up 1/8" too short & had no options to adjust any bends inside the fuselage to be able to vary the length some.

I would wait till after wing trial fit. You would be really annoyed if your pre-flared line ended up 1/8" too short & had no options to adjust any bends inside the fuselage to be able to vary the length some.
This was what I did. I fitted the fuel line when when the wings were attached to the fuselage. I also used the tube bending spring contraption because the regular constant radius tube bender did not work for this type of job.

PDF attached shows details of how I measured, and shows some pic's to help understand. My measurements are for MY plane - use the process to measure YOUR plane.

Attachments

• RV-7 Std Fuel pick-up & senders - Method of Measure.pdf
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: