Harold Lanfear

Well Known Member
I haven't attached the wings yet, but am trying to finish the fuel lines and need some guidance or pictures on the -8 fuel line from the fuselage to the wing.

Measuring the wing fitting and fuselage using the spar as a staring point and comparing it to the plans, it appears that the wing fitting is in line with the fuselage fuel line exit. The appears to be about a 2" gap between the wind and fuselage.

If the above is correct, what are people doing with the connection (Vans just shows a hard line with no fittings :confused: ). Has anyone used flexible hose and had the AN fitting connection on the inside of the fuselage.

Appreciate the ideas and help in advance. Harold

I waited until I had mounted the wings to fabricate the two aluminum fuel lines that connected to the tanks. The left line was simple as it was much shorter than the right. I made the right line a two piece affair with a fitting spliced into the line inside the fuselage. After the lines were attached, I installed the rubber gromments that were supplied with the kit. Hope this helps.

Regards.

Harold Lanfear said:
I haven't attached the wings yet, but am trying to finish the fuel lines and need some guidance or pictures on the -8 fuel line from the fuselage to the wing.

Measuring the wing fitting and fuselage using the spar as a staring point and comparing it to the plans, it appears that the wing fitting is in line with the fuselage fuel line exit. The appears to be about a 2" gap between the wind and fuselage.

If the above is correct, what are people doing with the connection (Vans just shows a hard line with no fittings :confused: ). Has anyone used flexible hose and had the AN fitting connection on the inside of the fuselage.

Appreciate the ideas and help in advance. Harold

It is a hardine to connect the wing to the fuse. You could use a hose I guess. It would be a short one.

Drawing 31, good luck.