tomcostanza

Well Known Member
How are you guys attaching the fuse to a stand? I'm thinking I'm supposed to match drill the engine mount to the firewall, but I don't have the finish kit yet, so I don't want to drill holes for a stand. Should I wait until I have the engine mount, or am I wrong, or is there another way?

Thanks,

Thanks Steve.

My question had more to do with attaching the fuse to the stand, which I didn't see addressed in these threads. It appeared that, from the pics, they were attached to the firewall brackets. Now I THINK that you match drill through the engine mount to drill the firewall brackets. Am I going to have trouble drilling the engine mount (since I don't have one yet) if I just guess where to drill? What are you guys doing about this?

Thanks again,

tomcostanza said:
Thanks Steve.

My question had more to do with attaching the fuse to the stand, which I didn't see addressed in these threads. It appeared that, from the pics, they were attached to the firewall brackets. Now I THINK that you match drill through the engine mount to drill the firewall brackets. Am I going to have trouble drilling the engine mount (since I don't have one yet) if I just guess where to drill? What are you guys doing about this?
Yes, they are mounted with standard hardware bolts to the four corners of the firewall where the engine mount brackets are located. There is a machine hole drilled at Van's in the center of that engine mount bracket. I just drilled out the hole to accomodate a 1/4 inch bolt. I then used some 3/4 plywood blocks as spacers between the firewall and the aluminum angle I used as the mounting bracket for the stand. Hope this helps.

Thanks again Steve. Yes that helps. The engine mount bolts are 3/8" (I think), so if the engine mount holes don't exactly line up, we still have some wiggle room.

Regards,