rjsflyer

Can anyone tell me if both pieces of the AA6-063x3/4x3/4 aluminum angle that came with the wing kit is for longerons or can some of it be used for other parts to be fabricated. I am working on the F710 - F712 bulkheads and there is a callout for AA6-063x3/4x3/4 angle but I have already use up most of the 6' piece that shipped with the fuse kit and there is no more AA6-063 angle other that the long pieces that came in the wing kit. Plans call for the AA6-125 for the main longerons but I haven't found a callout for AA-063 angle for longerons. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Schwandt
Fuselage
www.rjsflyer.com
N856RS (res.)

Rick,

The 063x3/4x3/4 angle is NOT for the main longerons. The longerons are made from the two very long pieces of AA6-125 angle that came with the wings. I used the 063 for smaller parts.

Mark

I had the same problem and confusion. There actually IS a letter (the one that says DON'T cut the angle...thta notes that there are two pieces of the 3/4 X 3/4 which are for fuselage work. I was so concerned about cutting longerons, i didn't know which pieces were the longerons (I'm not sure the letter said either).

So when I needed the .063, I forgot about the stuff that came with the wing kit and ordered new angle. I was in a hurry so I ordered it 24 hour delivery.

$170 later, I had my new angle...and by then I'd found the old angle.

Painful lesson. Read everytyhing.