AntiGravity

Well Known Member
Is there somewhere I can find information on what exactly is in the fuse kit for an -8? [yeah, I know my sig says 8A].

I'll need to be thinking of ordering in a few months and there's a whole lot of other stuff I've been looking at like Grove gear (not sure on those yet), FB (really would like that, not sure of $$$), tailwheel brackets and links, etc, etc. Basically, a whole lot of mods that I've read about in these forums. Trouble is, I don't know what actually comes in the kit, so don't know what things I need to think about now and what can be left until the finish kit. With freight costs to NZ the way they are it will benefit me to work out exactly what I need to add or remove from the Vans kit and organize it all into one shipment.

Oh, and feel free to pitch in with any other ideas I might want to consider for the fuse build.

Thanks,

Jeff -

I think I had the same question when I was at that point. I called Van's, and they emailed me the list of what was in the kit - I doubt I still have that, but I'm sure they'll send it to you if you ask, especially given your distance!

Paul

What's FB?
I'm always looking for potential mods !
I am getting the Grove gear and will likely get the better tailwheel closer to time...
Let me know if you can't get the list and I can scan / email you my pick list (altho mine is a QB fuse so it may not apply as much...)

Thomas

I have my RV-8 fuse inv. list, so if you still need it come Moday, I can scan it at work and e-mail it to you.It comes with pretty much what you'd expect. Gear legs (no wheels, brakes or fairings. The only fiber. is the rear seat back.

These should explain everything you need to know :D JK.

Call Barbara at Van's and she will send you a packing list labeled as "Sample for customer." That's how I got one.

Fast back

I too would prefer the slider, but thanks to the rules about ELTs in NZ about the only place to put the aerial on the slider is sticking out the side of the empennage top fairing at about a 60 degree angle on one side of the vert stab. Looks a little silly. The tip-up on the FB would allow me to use the rear turtle deck, but I sure would miss that slider :-(

Thanks for the pics Brian. I'm planning on a set of Classic Aero seats, so I don't think I'll need the fibre seat back. Will need to check that out though. I've emailed Vans for a list, but if I don't get one then I might take you up on your offer.

Thanks guys; better get back to countersinking those spar holes; I only popped in for a spot of lunch...

Cheers,