jcaplins

Well Known Member
Yippee, My RV7 fuselage has finally arrived. I was expecting a quick drop off and a wave goodbye to the driver, but nothing is ever that simple. Apparently the overhead lines crisscrossing the road in my neighborhood are too low for the truck. So I meet the driver 2 blocks away and we go for a ride looking for a way in. Nope, too many low branches and wires.
Do I have a pickup truck? No. Anyone around with one? nope. ABF could get a flatbed or a different truck and deliver it later. {but, I want it noooowww}.

So, let's just slide it on top of the Jeep: :eek:

P1030212.jpg

The rack is only rated for about 150 lbs, the crate weighs 300. Of coarse, I couldn't get the thing off by myself, so I had to unpack it from on top of the Jeep.

Time to build on!

Last edited:
The rack is only rated for about 150 lbs, the crate weighs 300. Of coarse, I couldn't get the thing off by myself, so I had to unpack it from on top of the Jeep.

Time to build on!

Now THAT's a can-do attitude. I'd have done the same thing! Hmmm, I need to look for a roof rack for the Saturn, just in case...

Have fun with the fuse. I've got my aft fuse all clecoed together and drilled. After the wings the fuse is almost fun to build.