Hey guys, Im countersinking the center section F-704 A/B for the K1000-08 platenuts which will attach the floorboards later on. Im perplexed or just paranoid because the screw hole of the plate nut requires a #19 hole, but when I go to countersink, the whole becomes huge in this thinner flange if I want the floorboard (F-740) dimple to allow the floorboard to be flush with the 704A/B flanges. Is this huge hole normal? And will it weaken anything? Your input is appreciated. :confused:

gabbiesrv7a said:
Hey guys, Im countersinking the center section F-704 A/B for the K1000-08 platenuts which will attach the floorboards later on. Im perplexed or just paranoid because the screw hole of the plate nut requires a #19 hole, but when I go to countersink, the whole becomes huge in this thinner flange if I want the floorboard (F-740) dimple to allow the floorboard to be flush with the 704A/B flanges. Is this huge hole normal? And will it weaken anything? Your input is appreciated. :confused:

Are you sure you're supposed to be using flush screws? I think the plans (at least for the 9, call for the round head screws, not flush screws, to attach the fwd. seat pan skins to the bulkheads. Also, a K-1000 platenut is not countersunk. The K1100 is. You might want to check your plans. Good luck.

I'm assuming that you're countersinking the rib flanges? Why not just dimple them?

Countersink the 2 small holes on either side of the #19 hole. The small holes are for the flush rivets attaching the K1000 nutplates to the centersection. The large hole is for the 8R8 screw.
Check if the 2 innermost holes on the forward half attach the fuel selector plate. If so, don't c'sink those. That's how it is on the -9.
Steve

countersinking 704A/B

Thanx for your posts. N615ks was right, I looked closer at the plans and realized they call for roundhead screws not flathead, so the only countersinking being referred to was the rivet countersinks, KOOL. keep on keepin on. Gary, fuselage slow build.