lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Hi guys,

I'm here, with a 'stupid' question but brainstorming me a lot. To mount my empennage witch is the best centerline point for doing the measurements. I see a Schumacher video that use a line bar on the firewall front (top holes of the engine mount). A center rivet on the top of the fuse skin is enought ?
Let me know your opinion, thanks a lot.
:confused:

Yes....

Hi Luca,
Just center the stab on the fuselage and clamp it to the vertical spar attach points. Then find the top center of the fuselage and measure from the same point on each end of the stab in order to align it and not have it skewed....meaning one leading edge further forward than the other. Besides, it's not critical.

Regards,

On the -8's, are the side skins exactly identical as they are on the 6/7/9's? If so, easier than finding the exact centerpoint on the firewall is just to use the fwd. top corner of both side fuslage skins. Hope this helps.

well....

Thanx

I could be drill out the center rivet on the top of the aft fuselage skin (under the read seat) and use it with a cleco, for example

:eek:

Thanx

I could be drill out the center rivet on the top of the aft fuselage skin (under the read seat) and use it with a cleco, for example

:eek:
Luca,

That is what I did on my -9 and when it came time to set the wings, I drilled a hole in the end of a tape measure and clecoed the tape to the fuselage and measured to a common rivet on the wing tip. It must have worked as the plain flies great!