Rivethead

Well Known Member
I found a pretty good (for me) place to put my fuse block the other day. Should be in flight accessible also. Here are some pictures to peruse.

fuseblock1.jpg

fuseblock2.jpg

fuseblock3.jpg

Yup, I did a similar thing on my RV-10. I put it on the passenger side however.

EL1c.jpg

EL1d.jpg

EL1f.jpg

Last edited:
I know the fuses are held in pretty tight, so even upside down they will probably be OK, but....

I considered the same idea, but just didn't like the "what, if".

Yes the fuse block will still come down with all the wires attached. The wires will need to be about two inches longer than if they were not moveable at all. In the case of them working loose it's easy enough to check on them.

Somehow when I look at all your fuses I feel inadequate.:)
And I didn't even post any pictures of the two additional fuse blocks by the batteries for the battery buss:) There is definately excess capacity as it is easier to get them in now.

rv8ch said:
Will the fuse blocks still move down with all the wires attached?
Mine still moves freely and I have a lot of my wiring done.

alpinelakespilot2000 said:
I considered the same idea, but just didn't like the "what, if".
What "what, if's" didn't you like. None of the devices on the fuses I would consider, trouble-shootable in flight. For other critical items that I want to positively remove from the buss (trim, autopilot, alternator, etc.) they are on the circuit breakers shown.

I think what he was saying is what if a fuse worked itself out of its socket. Since my fuse block is upside down it's an outside chance that could happen. Being inflight accessible is not a priority for me it was more an extra. I doubt that I would ever actually replace or check a blown fuse until on the ground but the swing down feature makes it easy to do.

I think what he was saying is what if a fuse worked itself out of its socket. Since my fuse block is upside down it's an outside chance that could happen. Being inflight accessible is not a priority for me it was more an extra. I doubt that I would ever actually replace or check a blown fuse until on the ground but the swing down feature makes it easy to do.
Yes, that's what I meant. So long as you are VFR, and have the no-reset-until-on-the-ground mentality as I do, it probably doesn't matter whether or not the fuses were (even if unlikely) to fall out. Just land and pop them back in.

Originally I did actually consider your idea of hinging a door from the panel rather than the subpanel, though, because I'm using a pull out/tilt panel. All of my wiring and fuses are somehow attached to the panel to facilitate this. I ended up putting the fuses on top of my map box and so they are pretty much inaccesible in flight, though I do have an access cover cut into my panel that a passenger could take off to trouble shoot. Again, though, I figure that if a fuse blows, it blew for a reason and in flight is that last time I should be trying to troubleshoot the problem or replace a fuse that is likely to just blow again or, worse, start a fire.

All that said, your installation looks very clean.

Last edited:
Those look very nice!

Rivethead,

One thing to think about is where to mount the DB9 Serial connectors for your two Dynon's. Any chance you can put them on your flip-down fuse panel? That would sure make doing the software updates a LOT easier!

Mine are currently zip tied up under the panel, which is kind of a pain. I'm in the process of making a bracket to rivet to the back of AirGizmo, where I'm going to cut a hole. That will make the updates that much easier to accomplish. Just pop the GPS out to expose the DB9 plugs.