If you would like to see that in widescreen....

Try going to the video store. That is part of the opening scenes of the movie "Always." Richard Dreyfuss is a fire tanker pilot who dies and haunts his girlfriend (in a good way). Neat movie.

Watching that video might also get you sued for copyright infringement. Nice shot though.

OT: scuba diver urband legend

That video reminds me of this is a time-honored urban legend...

THE NEXT TIME YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY: Fire authorities in California found a corpse in a burned out section of forest while assessing the damage done by a forest fire.

The deceased male was dressed in a full wet suit, complete with SCUBA tanks on his back, flippers, and face mask.

A post-mortem revealed that the person died not from burns, but from massive internal injuries.

Dental records provided a positive identification. Investigators then set about to determine how a fully clad diver ended up in the middle of a forest fire.

It was revealed that, on the day of the fire, the person went for a diving trip off the coast some 20 miles away from the forest. The firefighters, seeking to control the fire as quickly as possible, called in a fleet of helicopters with very large dip buckets. Water was dipped from the ocean then flown to the forest fire and emptied. You guessed it.

One minute our diver was making like Flipper in the Pacific, the next he was doing the breast stroke in a fire dip bucket 300 feet in the air. Apparently he extinguished exactly 5'-10" of the fire. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed! This article was taken from the California Examiner, March 20, 1998

I found this video while viewing the one in the original post..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny1lQyXMWUg&mode=related&search=

YIKES! I'v heard that years ago a skydiver actually hit a plane that was overflying Zephyrhills (FL). Skydiver lived, but the plane crashed and killed all aboard. I'm not positive if it's a true story or not, but I heard it from my father-in-law and he's not the type to tell tall tales.