Great video! I've flown into Center Island once (not in an RV) and found it to be a nice strip. Land to the south (uphill landing with trees at the end) and takeoff to the north (land drops away quickly into the Puget Sound).

Looks like you did a fine job flying into one of the many San Juan hidden airports!

Wow, I've got a few hundred night traps on the boat... and that video made my butt pucker up a little bit. :D

RV-12 Instrument Panel

Hi Jay,
Please check your private messages. Really like your panel with large GPS in place of the 496.

Jim Bar
RV-12 N475JB flying with over 50 hrs.

Love it -

Great video. I am interested to know if you know what your flying speed was at touchdown? The Pacific Northwest is truly awesome.

Looks tight to me (low time pilot).

I am really interested to know more about your panel - please advise us all.

Thanks very much

Last edited:
50 knts over the fence is much safer..

Both my wife and I spent a few hours with Mike Seager in the factory 12 before we flew our own aircraft. It is important to recognize that the RV-12 is very much an RV and Mike really handles all the Van's models as a pro.

At the same time you really have to understand that the 12 is so darn efficient an airplane that you'll use way too much runway 'in float' if you come over the threshold faster than 50 knotts. If you have 3,000 ft of landing surface 60 will work, but if you have less or obstacles on approach you had better slow it to 50 or you'll scare yourself! The 12 flys very nicely at 50 on approch over the fence; even at gross weight.

Jay and Carrie

Great

Well done - I'd like to hear from you about your panel. I am hoping that Van's will offer a panel like yours - maybe with a SkyView and a 696.
Please let us know about yours and anything else that you may want to say about how difficult it was to install, etc.

Beautiful airplane - paint job looks great congratulations!!!:cool: