fishguy

During climb out with our angle valve IO-360 lyc (one lightspeed plasm III, one mag), full rich mixture, 25 squared, ops below 4000 msl, I have been noticing #1 cyl is running at just about peak egt. That cyl normally peaks at about 1360*f, and that is where it goes on climb out. Cyl temp on a cold day like yesterday is right around 300 degrees. Fuel flow about 14.5 gph. Does this sound about right? Or might that injector be low flow or partially plugged? That egt always peaks first and runs about 80 deg F higher than the other three.

I am troubled that I can't run 100 deg ROP on climb out. Any opinions?

Thanks

fishguy

This might sound arrogant from an Aussie on the other side of the planet, but the bottom line is this............ GAMI is your answer!

Fuel Flow

During climb out with our angle valve IO-360 lyc (one lightspeed plasm III, one mag), full rich mixture, 25 squared, ops below 4000 msl, I have been noticing #1 cyl is running at just about peak egt. That cyl normally peaks at about 1360*f, and that is where it goes on climb out. Cyl temp on a cold day like yesterday is right around 300 degrees. Fuel flow about 14.5 gph. Does this sound about right? Or might that injector be low flow or partially plugged? That egt always peaks first and runs about 80 deg F higher than the other three.

I am troubled that I can't run 100 deg ROP on climb out. Any opinions?

Thanks

fishguy

At 24 square you should have 175 to 225 degrees change from full rich to peak. If you have as you say 100 ROP at full throttle you have a problem with possibly the fuel control unit, fuel pressure, clogged screens, stuck flow divider or messed up nozzles or any of the above. GAMI?s are not the answer in this case until you determine why the fuel flow is low. Take off fuel flow at 2700 full throttle on most 360 Lycoming?s runs 16-20 GPH. At 14.5 GPH your making maybe 150-160 HP. So before dropping $700 or whatever Gami charges for their nozzles, some investigation needs to be done on the rest of the fuel system. And then if you want to tune nozzles you can do it. We do the same thing as Gami for $300 and that includes using our technician to do the nozzle changing if you fly the plane to our shop. Or you can send in the data and you can buy the restrictors to do the tuning yourself. Special size restrictors are $25.00 each and typically you only change 2 or 3. You can contact me at [email protected] if you have additional questions about this process.

Don