kmuller

I'm New Here
Well, after a 3 year hiatus, I'm back in the hunt for a good flying 6A or 7A and have come up with what looks like a good prospect. Unfortunately, the hanger situation near me has not gotten any better, so looks like it would have to live outside.

Back then, my baby Beech sustainted over $20k of mostly cosmetic hail damage tied down outside. Although insurance came though with flying colors, I still may be a little more sensitive to this than most.

My question is about full covers. I had the standard cabin cover before and had to be real careful it did not flap and chaff the paint. What about the wing covers I see, and the full tail covers? Anyone use them? Looks like it would be alot of trouble just going down for a quick flight. This particular RV has a nice professional paint job, always hangered, and it pains me to think about leaving it outside in the rain and snow. But I think if I want to own an RV anytime soon, there's no alternative. (yes, I've checked about sharing hangers...nothing yet).

kerry, go for it. ill be up in s windsor by june 1st with my 6a. i believe there is a 6 at brainerd with full covers. about mid way down on the left. never seen it out though. were are you based? i was at 7b6 last year. pm sent.