cdeerinck

Well Known Member
I thought many here might like the irony here... It probably wasn't the first time, but it was a first for me.

We all frequently see posts that site Vans, the instructions, or feedback from the factory as gospel.

I recently contacted Vans on advice on how to install the tank vent lines on a QB RV-8, since the gear towers are already closed at the factory. For those familiar with this, it is quite an impossible topology puzzle.

They referred me to a thread here on VAF. :p

It is better to add this before the gear towers are closed up but all RV-8QB kits have to add this latter. The tube used for this is pretty flexible and can be pushed in through the lightening holes. Take a look at the link below for a VAF thread on how people have overcome this. There are even a few alternative options on what could be done in this area

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=28758&highlight=fuel+vent+line

The value here is very significant, so I would also like to thank all of you that contribute your time and effort to make VAF what it is.