recapen

Well Known Member
For a while, I have been mixing 100LL and 93UL(ethanol-free) in order to reduce my costs and lead usage...win-win or so I thought! My EGT and CHT are well within limits and I'm running happy as a clam....

The other day, buying some 93UL(ethanol-free), I came to realize that 100LL is actually cheaper!
Now I know that both of these fuels are 'niche' products and there are probably more places to buy 100LL - but it is a 'purer' product.
I still think the ethanol free sellers are taking advantage of a 'want-it-gotta-have-it" product!

It is time to go back to straight 100LL - for me anyway!

93 ethanol-free

is $3.43 a gallon at my local station. Are you getting 100LL for less than that?:eek:

Great point. For a while, 92UL was $4.25 while 100LL was $4.33 per gallon at KSGS. Kind of silly, really.

At that same time, 92UL was $2.79 at the gas station down the street (it's now up to $2.92).

Lesson here is that buying 92UL at the airport, for me, is completely clownshoes.

The other way around

The 93UL(ethanol free) that I'm buying in MD is $5.90/gal. Can't buy it where I'm based in DE and there is no avgas for sale to the public at homeplate. I've been buying it on my commute home for the weekends. 100LL is $4.70 to $5.90 around here....