RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I had removed the plastic and primed the bracket before fitting it in place. When I did it was much wider than the area the plans have it go into. I assumed I must have received a bracket for a -8 instead of a -8A. So I called Van's and they sent me one with the correct part number, which is identical to the part I have which means I had the correct part all along.

My question is I obviously have to cut this part down, though the directions do not mention anything about this and there are no guide lines as to where you want the valve hole oriented left and right between the support and the longeron. The picture is the part as delivered on top of where it gets bolted into (it would go under the support and longeron). The bracket is lying in the approximate location as seen on the plans. How did you other -8A builders cut down this part, did you just center the valve in the space between the longeron and the support brace?

Cheers

Which Valve?

Mike,
Are you installing the stock Vans selector valve or an AndAir valve?
Charlie Kuss

Andair

Mike,
Are you installing the stock Vans selector valve or an AndAir valve?
Charlie Kuss

Charlie,

I am leaning toward the andair valve, but not sure which one I will need since I have not made a final decision other than I want FI, 180 hp lycoming. I still need to call andair, I am hoping a that I might save some money by picking up my order from andair in person but I still need to call.

Cheers

Andair Valve mounting

Mike,
As the other Mike mentioned earlier, the mounting system for the Vans valve won't work for the Andair valve. Mounting for both the simplex and duplex AndAir valves is the same. I have photos of how I mounted my AndAir valve. My mounting system allows you to work on the fuel gauges without disturbing the fuel valve. My mounting also allows you to remove the mid cabin cover without removing the valve. I tried to make the design "maintenance friendly".
Charlie Kuss;)

Last edited: