prkaye

Well Known Member
I got the pre-built fuel tanks for my -9A. I'm at the stage of having to fit them on the wings. A few questions:

1) the tank access plate and associated parts (anti-rotation bracket, pickup line, fuel sender, etc) did not come assembled. Is there any reason why this stuff has to be assembled and installed in the tank prior to mounting it on the wing?

2) the leading edge of the fuel tank does not line up flush with the outboard leading edge of the wing. There is about a 1/16" gap. When I pull the tank down tight this might reduce to 1/32", but there will still be a gap where the ends of the leading edges butt up together. Is this a common issue? What do I do about it?

Thanks!

Phil

There is a lot to be found on this forum concerning the fitting of the tanks. It's quite common, as far as I understood, that the QB-tanks do not fit perfectly. The only solution is to build them yourself. The common trend on this subject is not to worry about the gap, 1/32" sounds very acceptable.

Has anyone else here done the pre-built tanks? I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to get a clear view to position my pickup tube and fuel sender, since the tanks is all closed up. I believe for the slow build tanks these get positioned and tweaked before the baffle goes on.
Suggestions?