BuckWynd

Well Known Member
Has anyone used flexible teflon-coated, braided hose for the vent lines inside the RV-8 gear towers? I happen to have some premade lines that would fit perfectly, but I'm not sure if there are any safety issues with using them, versus stock 1/4" aluminum tubing. They certainly would be eaiser to install...

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I just finished the tubing before skinning. The vent tubes were the easiest.Each one took about 30 minutes. And I don't know what I am doing.

Guess I should have said that yes, doing it before skinning the fuselage is a great option, but only if you're not building a QB kit.

It's a pretty substantial pain in the rear if you're reaching through lightening holes to do it.

How about the Rocket Way?

I don't know about using the flexible tube, but I was interested in another way to avoid putting the vent lines in the gear towers.

A while back I saw a picture of the Rocket method of venting the fuel tanks. It involved I believe two loops of aluminum tubing coiled together next to the inboard tank rib and exiting the bottom of the wing skin. There were no vent lines inside the fuselage. Does anyone have thoughts on whether that would be a viable option for RV builders?

I don't know about using the flexible tube, but I was interested in another way to avoid putting the vent lines in the gear towers.

A while back I saw a picture of the Rocket method of venting the fuel tanks. It involved I believe two loops of aluminum tubing coiled together next to the inboard tank rib and exiting the bottom of the wing skin. There were no vent lines inside the fuselage. Does anyone have thoughts on whether that would be a viable option for RV builders?

My RV8 is vented that way and the RV10's are vented that way.