jmbrwn

Well Known Member
I assume the tank stiffeners are made from the long piece of AA6-063x3/4x3/4 angles. Where on the plans does it detail their lengths and shapes? Am I supposed to measure between each rib and cut each one specifically? Am I the only dumb one here?:confused:

There should be some 3/4 x 3/4 thin angle with the rivet holes already punched and with notches to show where to cut. If you built the tail kit, it is just like that.

Well, I looked for this today and couldn't find it. I had everything when I did my inventory and don't remember this angle being notched already. The only angle I've got is about 10' long (2 Pieces) and are not notched. Also not wrapped in blue wrap. Might need to call Van's tomorrow.:(
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Don't look though your inventory for real angle - the tank stiffeners are not made from angle stock. They are just aluminum sheet (maybe 25 thousandths) cut into strips 1.5 inches wide, punched, notched and bent 90* by Vans at the factory. If I recall correctly, they are 3 or 4 feet long and you cut each one up into 4 or 5 stiffeners. At least this is how they are for the 7 and I think the 8 should be exactly the same.