joedallas

Well Known Member
Skin F1277-R Over the Fuel Tank

Is it a Mirror of Skin F1277-L and do all the holes match when Inverted .

I’m putting the fuel tanks in the wings and I don’t want to patch the hole for the tank Filler.

Thanls

Last edited:
I patched the fuel filler hole in F-1277-R. To non-builders, it looks like part of the plane. RV-12 builders will notice it but will be more interested in your fuel tanks than the patch. If you ever decide to put the original tank back in for some reason, it will be easier to remove the patch than to cut a new hole. F-1277-R and F-1277-L are different where they meet in the center. I do not know about the alignment of the other holes.
Joe Gores

No tank in Fuse

Thanks Joe

I was hoping that someone just got there Fuse kit and put them back to back to see if they matched
I ordered two F1227-L in my Fuse kit and would like to know if I should add an F-1227-R to the order before it ships.

Help Please

I patched the fuel filler hole in F-1277-R. To non-builders, it looks like part of the plane. RV-12 builders will notice it but will be more interested in your fuel tanks than the patch. If you ever decide to put the original tank back in for some reason, it will be easier to remove the patch than to cut a new hole. F-1277-R and F-1277-L are different where they meet in the center. I do not know about the alignment of the other holes.
Joe Gores

Joe, I don't know about the hole alignment (yet), but I am way interested in how you're doing the wet wings! Any drawings or pix??

Joe - I just went out to the shed to check and yes, the 2 skins are mirror image. I put the left skin on each side of the fuse, reversing it for the right side and the holes line up. The L and R skins are mirror image apart from the filler hole, and the joggle on the upper edge of the R which I assume fits over the L. Should be no problem to you to make the joggle. Will send pics if required to clarify.

I'm intrigued by your mod - please show us.

Cheers
Shirley

Last edited:
Thanks Shirley

You made my day
I will show all my Alterations at www.joesrv12.com

Joe - I just went out to the shed to check and yes, the 2 skins are mirror image. I put the left skin on each side of the fuse, reversing it for the right side and the holes line up. The L and R skins are mirror image apart from the filler hole, and the joggle on the upper edge of the R which I assume fits over the L. Should be no problem to you to make the joggle. Will send pics if required to clarify.

I'm intrigued by your mod - please show us.

Cheers
Shirley