NYTOM

Well Known Member
Would anyone out there know if that good old sticky & gooey tank sealant Proseal is compatible with the new sealant Van sell called MC-236-B2? Life got in the way of my 6A construction and forced a slight delay ( 5 years ) in construction with half of a tank already done with Proseal. And if not compatible, would anyone know where to get a fresh can of Proseal?
Tom
6A
N822PM (reserved)

My understanding is that they are the same. I wouldn't mix the two together in an uncured state. Or use the "A" component from one with the "B" component of the other, but I wouldn't have a problem doing 1/2 the tank with Proseal, and the other half with the newer batch (FlameMaster??).

Good luck.
PATOM
a.k.a. Tom Costanza
7A Fuse

All of the various tank sealants are basically the same as they need to meet the same mil spec. There shouldn't be a problem using different ones on the same tank, assuming one has cured before the other is applied. Van's seems to change suppliers periodically as evidenced by the picture in their catalog of Flamemaster's product, but the part numbers are AC Tech's part numbers.

As stated already, if the products meet MIL-S-8802, they can be used on the same item interchangeably.

Thanks for the help

Thanks Tom, Paul & Ken. That's what I was hoping to hear but you never know when it comes to different chemical combinations. I only got a chance to complete half of the job 5 years ago and was afraid I'd have to start with new tank pieces.