bajapilot

On page 37-03, the drawing calls out for two NAS149FN432P washers to be put under the shop head on the blind rivets at the top of the internal baffles. I'm assuming they mean btw the shop head and the baffle flange and not btw the baffle and the tank sidewall. What are these washers for? Help me get my pea brain around this one.

Also I can't find this particular washer anywhere in my finish kit. Does anyone know where it might be hiding?

Thanks, Bill.

I wondered about that too. I can only assume it's needed to stiffen up the top of baffle flange and stop it distorting and trying to tear off the rivet under the loads caused by fuel sloshing around in the tank. Took me a while to find the washers too, but they will be there somewhere.

Last edited:
RV-12 FINISH KIT CHANGE TO PAGE 37-03
REASON FOR REVISION: After multiple pressure tests it was determined that the rivet sometimes pulled through the upper rivets on the T-1207 and T-1208 rivets where they attach to the outside tank wall.
The above change notice was issued 27 Aug 2009.
Joe Gores

Couldn't find the revision you reference Joe but that makes sense to me. Never did find the washers in my finish kit but found a couple of left overs from the wing kit.

Bill

Fuel tank washers

When I was at this stage I asked Van's about these washers and the reply was "I don't know, I will consult with engineering and get back to you." I'm still waiting two years later.