yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Had the entire fuel system complete and then found today that I had to pull the tank to install the magnetometer behind the baggage bulkhead. The pro-seal came off the inside of the fuselage OK-- question is, do I re-seal (more pro-seal) every time the tank is put back in??

For those who haven't gotten there yet, it would be a LOT easier to install the three nutplates for the ELT antenna mount BEFORE the cross-brace is riveted to the fuselage. As it is, you've got to drill out three rivets on the far right side and then install nutplates in a place that's extremely difficult to get old, fat fingers into.

Gasket sealant

Since you have already made a gasket out of proseal to fill the big gaps, I think that non-adhesive type of gasket sealant can be used between the existing proseal and the fuselage skin. What about using a Teflon based paste type pipe thread sealant? Or perhaps some other type of gasket sealant that will allow easy disassembly of parts.
Joe

Reinstalling with just the proseal gasket works well, but if you want to add something extra you can coat it with a thin layer of fuel lube.