bobmarkert

Well Known Member
First fuel tank is completed and starting on #2. Unless somebody has a good reason not to, I?m going to attach the T410 reinforcement plates to the T703 end ribs before attaching the ribs to the skin. I?ll make sure the rivet pattern does not interfear with the rivets in the T703 ribs. On the first tank it was a bit of a mess with the proseal installing the reinforcements plates after the ribs were in.
Bob Markert
RV-8 Slow build

5262012543.jpg

First fuel tank is completed and starting on #2. Unless somebody has a good reason not to, I?m going to attach the T410 reinforcement plates to the T703 end ribs before attaching the ribs to the skin. I?ll make sure the rivet pattern does not interfear with the rivets in the T703 ribs. On the first tank it was a bit of a mess with the proseal installing the reinforcements plates after the ribs were in.
Bob Markert
RV-8 Slow build

5262012543.jpg

I concur with you on this issue, I am at the same stage.

Installing those plates after tank assembly is a very messy job. The outboard plate certainly can go in before tank assembly and I plan to do the same at the inboard rib also, just have to make sure there is room to set the skin to rib rivets.

inboard rib

I am working on this part of the tank also (have not prosealed yet). the inboard rib is were I am debating how to do. the angle on the out side of the tank (t-405?) is going to make it hard to set the skin rivets unless you cut a lot of the angle out of the way. I plan on counter sinking these rivets instead of dimpleing to have the shop head not sticking out as far but plan on riveting after the rib is installled let me know how it works if you do it before the skin rivets. if you cannot get the angle cut away to squeeze a rivet maybe a pop. I think the fairing will cover this area. I did a search on t-405 or t-410 and this same discussion was done but guy who was going to do it as you are never said how it worked. A personal message might get a answer if he doesnot see this thread

Yep.... your right about the inboard T405 bracket.... I didn't think about that. At least I can do the outboard plate and assemble the inboard "dry" and look at it and noodle over if it will work.
Bob