g zero

Well Known Member
Reading thru most of the fuel tank leak threads on VAF it looked like the rear baffle is the area that most leaks occur . Vans has you pro seal the rear baffle to the ribs and the skin , but it looks like a crapshoot as there is nothing to compress the sealant around the perimeter .

I bent some .025 alum 90 degrees ( 5/8 x5/8 ) sealed and riveted to the skin between the ribs one 3 of the 4 sides on the inside of the tank , the forth side has the large access plate to properly seal the rear baffle at that end . Added a little time to the build , but not much .
Thought about an access hole in each bay but this was less work with great results .
Today I put 32" of head pressure ( aprox 1.25 psi ) , plan on letting it sit a few days .

Tom A

Say What?

I'm not following this. Do you have pictures of your mod? I'm also cosidering access panels in each bay.

Thanks

In my opinion, anything like that is overkill. Do it according plans and you won't have any problems.

Tank mod

Yes On 3 of the 4 sides , Overkill ? maybe , 8 extra hours , 12 ounces ? Almost guarantees no leaks on the rear baffle , I'll take overkill over a leak any day .
Tom

Have photos on my IPad , can email them for someone to post .