Jskyking

Well Known Member
I?m preparing to set the AD470 AD 4-5 rivets that attach the tank inboard rib forward to the Inboard end rib. I have tried every type of squeezer and rivet set in my box and with the exception of a 10in straight rivet set, nothing seems to give adequate clearance on the skin and /or the tank attach bracket assembly.

Using the 10in rivet set will come with a ? smiley risk? unless the stars align perfect.

I?ve read numerous blogs and haven?t found any compelling information on how to tackle this issue- unless you jump off the plans which would lead to other issues. There may be a rivet set with a large offset that may work, just don?t have one handy.

If I go the 10in straight route, I was going to tape up the cup section of the rivet set and put a piece of electrical tape around the outside of the factory head to reduce the smiley risk.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

oNZ.jpg

oN0.jpg

Double offset rivet set

I used a double offset rivet set for mine. They're cheap and you'll need one for other things anyway.

When using the offset rivet set, I tape the set to the gun so that it doesn't spin. I find that the longer the set, the easier is to hold the gun perpendicular. You'll see the angle easier.that's my opinion anyway. .