flyboykelly

Well Known Member
I'm working on the fuel tank on my RV-8 and am having a problem getting the tank skin to butt up agianst the main wing skin. The ribs are clecoed in place along with the rear baffle. With the tank placed on the wing the skin has a 2/32 gap. Should I strap the tank and pull it down or take it all apart and start over??? All should butt up before I drill the tank to the joining strap for the outboard leading edge.

Do you have the splice strip between the leading edge and the tank? I would remove it for now if so. Also, is the gap even all the way across? A common problem with fitting tanks is the wing will sometimes have sag in it. If you haven't already I would double-check to make sure there's no sag in your wing by slightly jacking the rear spar.

There is always the slim chance that tank skin was not pre-punched properly, although unlikely.

flyboykelly said:
Brian, I took a look that post and it worked!!! Thanks for the help, Brian Kelly

Ain't this forum the greatest selling point Van has? Best part for him is that does not cost him a dime!!! :D :D :D

Imagine building an RV before builder websites and forums like this :eek:

Last edited: