Hi All,
I've recently tested my second tank and have to reopen it to address a small leak but i'm having issues getting the access panel off,
I've tried plastic pry tools & fishing line but can't quite get under the panel, I don't want to use anything that may damage the aluminium, thoughts?
Cheers
Taran

Hi All,
I've recently tested my second tank and have to reopen it to address a small leak but i'm having issues getting the access panel off,
I've tried plastic pry tools & fishing line but can't quite get under the panel, I don't want to use anything that may damage the aluminium, thoughts?
Cheers
Taran

I had to get mine off to change a sensor a couple years ago. It was dang tough but I ended up getting a razor blade just barely started under. Once something is started it goes a lot easier. Just be careful because if the blade slips...

Try the plastic razor blades you can get from Amazon - thinnestplastic “scrapers” you can buy….

heat is your friend here
I agree with Larry, I start with heat gun in one place, pry the edge up with a sharp hunting knife (blade, not the tip) than change to a plastic wedge & with the heat gun & wedge, work my way around the cover.
A buck a cover, I could afford a pretty nice dinner out!

Hi All,
Cheers
Taran
I have used a safety razor blade -lying flat on the tank, pushed by a piece of wood ( in case the blade breaks ) seemed to work well.

I've had success using a heat gun and an old steak knife to get started, then inserting a thin putty knife/scraper blade.

Took more heat than I expected.

All of the above, but keep wetting the tool with MEK every few seconds. It makes a huge difference.
I chamfered the edge of my replacement covers to assist with getting tools under the cover in the future.