danielhv

Well Known Member
Ok, so I may be missing something here, but who knows. I am using float senders... and I'm putting flop tubes in both tanks.... So the sender goes in the second bay yadda yadda... but where do I get the access plate from to cover the inspection hole? IIRC, the only one I have has the holes drilled in it for the sender (from vans)... I dont remember seeing a solid blank plate on my shelves... :confused:

I don't think you need one

I don't think there is any reason to cut the hole in the rib with your set up. If you already have cut a hole just make a new plate from some scrap and rivet it on with proseal.

Daniel,
If you are making a new plate to cover the hole in the inboard rib and nothing will be hanging on it, it doesn't need to be that thick. .032" would work fine.

Daniel,
If you are making a new plate to cover the hole in the inboard rib and nothing will be hanging on it, it doesn't need to be that thick. .032" would work fine.

Gracias Mel, I already ordered the T-411's... Wonder if I can atleast get some credit if I send mine back... what sucks is one of them has been matchdrilled and deburred when match drilling the flange that holds the platenuts. :rolleyes:

Same situation

Daniel,

I had the same issue just several weeks ago. As you, I ordered the blank cover. I used the original cover to make a reinforcement plate to mount the sending unit on the rear baffle. I'm not sure if the reinforcement is needed, but mounting the unit directly to the baffle seemed a little "flimsy".

Daniel - I just went through this. I made plates from scrap. Check out the link in my sig. And the T-411 is in the plans - look in the text on page 7-6 about halfway down (my rev is 3/2/06).

n12804481_34634050_6852.jpg

I did use the plate with holes in it to match drill the baffle for the float type sensor.

n12804481_34597073_6579.jpg

In response to Chris - I mounted my sender directly to the baffle with no reinforcement - seems stiff enough with the baffle riveted together.

Last edited: