Staunch111

Well Known Member
I apologize if this has been asked before, but can someone refer me to (literature or builder sites) /or provide fuel system diagrams for a fuel injected engine with 8 tanks (wing tip, outboard and inboard leading edge, with two separate internal cabin auxiliary tanks. Yep in case your wondering - 596L.

I'm interested in the plumbing, fuel return lines, venting,the fuel selector valve (would it have to custom made or could it be adapted from existing stock -ie: within the Andair range), fuel pumps (primary/backup) and their location.

Recommendations w.r.t high pressure pumps and part numbers appreciated.

If anyone would like to email they can on: [email protected]

And before anyone suggests, Johanson is on my list of persons to speak with though is a way off yet.
I'm hoping to learn as much as possible, before making that call.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm looking at something similar, I currently have separate inboard/outboard leading edge tanks and I'm going to install the dual 7.5 gallon behind-the-seat tanks as well. My outboards drain into the inboards (with pump backup) and my plan is to take the behind-the-seat tanks and pump them into the fuel return line to the right wing inboard. This keeps your fuel supply valving to the engine simple, and sets up any additional tankage as simply transferring fuel into the existing system, to be transferred after you've burned off your primary fuel load.

This tank setup will allow me to do most of the long-distance trips I have in mind, for the really long over-water legs I'll still need to pull the right seat and install an additional 30-gallon ferry tank.

Yes, I know this will put me overgross for a max-fuel takeoff, will probably cause liver cancer and global warming, and all my babies will be born naked. I'm still gonna do it. :cool:

Last edited:
Greg, thanks for the reply. I'll look over your build logs tomorrow. I'm guessing your 7.5 gallon tanks are from Marvin. Are they running separate lines and then joining, or are you joining the tanks and then running one line out. Are you using a pump for this? High or low pressure?

Greg, thanks for the reply. I'll look over your build logs tomorrow. I'm guessing your 7.5 gallon tanks are from Marvin. Are they running separate lines and then joining, or are you joining the tanks and then running one line out. Are you using a pump for this? High or low pressure?

I haven't bought them yet, but yes that was the source I was looking at. I'm not sure yet about a single pump or separate pumps just yet, but I'll use the low pressure Facet pump(s) to just transfer the fuel into my right inboard fuel return line. I don't want to have both tanks Tee'd into a single pump input (one will suck air and the pumping action will cease with fuel left in the other) so I might install a valve arrangement to suck one down and then the other through a single pump.