LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
No mounting hardware callout on any of the info that came with the Airflow Performance fuel servo and my 360 (FI) from Mattituck. I don't want to leave a washer off or anything. Can anyone help?

It's in the Airflow Performance Installation and Service Manual

Bob,

Did you receive the Airflow Performance Installation and Service Manual with your engine? I received it with the engine I got from AeroSport Power.

Installation of the fuel controller is detailed in appendix B in the manual.

Bob,

Did you receive the Airflow Performance Installation and Service Manual with your engine? I received it with the engine I got from AeroSport Power.

Installation of the fuel controller is detailed in appendix B in the manual.

I got about a six page pamphlet but the appendix does not show mounting hardware, only orientation and individual components.... at least that's way I read it (I left it at the hangar. I'll doublecheck)

Contact Don at Airflow and get the manual. It's pages long and has tons of pictures - far more than six pages. It has detailed instructions for all the components, operation, etc. Mine's at the hangar with the other manuals but I seem to recall that it's about the same size as the manual for my Superior engine, in it's own binder.

Bob, I suspect Mattituck has it - AFP supplies one with each system, including flow bench data (or at least they used to - Don?)

Installation and Service Manual

Each fuel control that we ship has a manual assigned to it. It references the serial number of the components of the kit. That is, the fuel control and flow divider. This is a 180+ page document in a white 3 ring binder. If you did not receive this document with your Airflow Performance fuel injection system, contact the engine builder you received the engine from. If they do not have it a replacement manual is $50.00. Also, depending on the kit P/N there is mounting hardware for the throttle and mixture control cable brackets and air box plate. If you have a front sump kit the fuel control is mounted on an adapter plate with a 1/4" spacer. Stainless steel socket head cap screws are provided for this installation of the adapter. On this installation (forward facing) the fuel control should be mounted so that the throttle and mixture control are on the same side facing down. The throttle shaft will be in a vertical position. Give me a call if you don't get the information.

Don

I misspoke (and meant to correct it yesterday). It's not an Airflow Performance servo. It's a Airmotive Precision Superhawk servo. They're the ones with the the pamphlet sized manual with no hardware callouts.

Don can still help.. I'd highly recommend giving him a call and get this taken care of. I think you can purchase a Bendix manual from him for a few bucks.. (worth it!)

Never heard back from Airmotive (SNF week is a bad time to be needing tech support) but Mahlon Russell is on the case. I'm posting this here because there's absolutely NO information about this anywhere on the Internet and this thread has been cached by Google and may help some RV-building slob in the future.

Here's the bag of hardware:

hardware_lightspeed.jpg

And here's Mahlon Russell's explanation:

The hardware package contains the nuts and washers to mount the exhaust, fuel servo and prop gov. It goes the item you are mounting, a flat washer, a start washer and then the nut. The nuts tighten to 196 inch pounds.

The spacer is an optional spacer that can be used between the Precision style fuel servo and it's mounting pad. The silver oblong gaskets are the exhaust gaskets and go between the exhaust system flange and the cylinder flange, the copper ring is an optional crush washer for your oil temp probe, if it didn't come with one.

The b type washer is an optional lock tab that is used on the alternator mounting bracket mount bolts to safety them.

Hope this helps! Any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

So I stuck a gasket on, the throttle/mixture bracket/gasket, servo

Now I'll just have to figure out how to keep that mixture arm from whacking into the FAB.

Last edited: