prkaye

Well Known Member
wing kit stuff?

I'm about to put my wing order in (didn't realise there was this 8 week lead time!). I just did a search on the forum and from discussions on other forums it looks like the float-type fuel senders are the way to go... i won't be doing aerobatics.

I am guessing that the pre-fab fuel tanks are not really worth the $1200? How many hours and how much grief is saved by getting these?

Another question - if I put YES to "Authorization to use credit card for final payment", will they wait until just prior to shipment to bill me for the balance of the order?

Last edited:
Cap. senders require a more expensive guage.

Do your own tanks

And.... they will wait.

prkaye said:
Another question - if I put YES to "Authorization to use credit card for final payment", will they wait until just prior to shipment to bill me for the balance of the order?

Vans will withhold charging the balance until shipment....Unless you are in Canada... ;)

Your choice

For the senders, your choice, aerobatics or not:

Cap senders are always right, every attitude, every bank angle, every everything. No moving parts also means reduced potential for failure down the road. Installation is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Float senders are very easy to install, inexpensive and simple to replace if you ever need to and work well with even the simplest gauges. These are tried and true. If my cap plates fail for any reason, it's major surgery to repair / replace, and I would probably just install a float sender.

Build or buy?
BUILD! They're no more complicated than any other piece of the plane. Yes, ProSeal IS messy. But hey, you're building an airplane right? It can't be ALL fun and games. Read the tips and tricks section about tanks and fay sealing. It adds about two or three weeks to your total build time. Big deal.

- You can also add other options more easily this way, like a fuel return line if you plan to use an injection system.

Unless I'm in Canada ??

>>Unless you are in Canada...

You mean they require full payment with the initial order for Canadians?? Why??

prkaye said:
>>Unless you are in Canada...

You mean they require full payment with the initial order for Canadians?? Why??

Phil,

Notice the winking smiley after that post? You won't be billed for the remainder until your order ships.

Guy

LOL ok that's a relief. I need that extra couple of months to scrape together the remaining funds!