prkaye

Well Known Member
I have the float type fuel senders from Vans (Stewart-Werner brand I think). I aslo have a bag labelled IE VMP INSTALL KIT which has a short stainless steel braided hose, some AN fittings some wire and a few otehr things. I plan to use my Dynon D-180 for my fuel gauges. My question - do I need the stuff from this IE VMP INSTALL KIT bag, or do I just run a wire from the connector on each wing tank directly to the dynon?

IE VMP = manifold pressure

I have the float type fuel senders from Vans (Stewart-Werner brand I think). I aslo have a bag labelled IE VMP INSTALL KIT which has a short stainless steel braided hose, some AN fittings some wire and a few otehr things. I plan to use my Dynon D-180 for my fuel gauges. My question - do I need the stuff from this IE VMP INSTALL KIT bag, or do I just run a wire from the connector on each wing tank directly to the dynon?

The IE VMP INSTALL KIT is for the manifold pressure.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin...5960394-96-507&browse=ei&product=vans-mp-ikit

Just install a wire from each tank to the Dynon.

Can't answer why you have it, still it's nice to know manifold pressure. It will help if you ever start running LOP to know your actual power setting.

...So you can calculate percent power.

Hmm. I wonder why i even have that then. I have a FP prop.

...So you can calculate percent power. Besides, the Dynon does this for you automagically, thus needing outside temperature and manifold pressure as well.

OK. The IE VMP INSTALL KIT says "Caution: teh gauge and sender are not compatible with other units".
I guess what I need for Man press will be contained in my dynon sensor package?

I don't remember a sender in my install kit, just the hose and AN fittings. The actual sender is from Dynon.